Our school meals are freshly prepared by our School Cook - Mrs Cammack and her team.
Meals currently cost £12.50 per week which is payable each Monday, in advance. Newton Primary follow the Local Authority policy for non-payment of school meals.
Lunch Time Menu
We offer lots of flexibility and variations on our menu, such as vegan menu’s, dairy free menu’s etc. Please get in touch with Mrs King-Wilson who will be happy to discuss your child’s lunch time requirements.
Please click on the link below for our latest menu.
Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to Universal Free School Meals, but if you are in receipt of the benefits below, we would urge you to still apply for Statutory Free School Meals as school may be able to obtain additional funding, known as Pupil Premium, to help towards supporting your child in their learning.
Please read the below information and if you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions, please use the link below to apply to St Helens Council.
Does your child live with you under any of the following:
- Special Guardianship Order
- Looked After Child
- Informal Care Arrangement
- Adopted From Care
Does either parent/carer work for the armed forces/services?
Are you in receipt of any of the following:
- Income support
- Income based job-seekers allowance
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £17,005 [2022-23]).
If you are entitled to any of the above, you may be entitled to free school meals and the school may also be entitled to extra pupil premium funding to help support your child’s education.
School Milk Scheme
All children in Nursery are provided with free milk each day. Children in Reception to Year 2 receive milk daily at a cost of £6.00 per academic year. If you are eligible for Statutory Free School Meals, milk will be provided free of charge.